Due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, FTA has decided to postpone its inaugural Transport Manager of the Year competition and celebratory awards lunch, which is sponsored by Brigade Electronics, until the autumn of 2020. Entries are therefore being kept open for the time being to give more entrants the opportunity to compete with the best of the best later on in the year.
A brand-new event for the logistics industry, FTA’s Transport Manager of the Year competition will provide an opportunity for transport managers to showcase their extensive knowledge and be recognised by other industry professionals. Fifty finalists, selected by a small board, will have the chance to spend a day competing at the UK head office of event supporter DAF Trucks in Haddenham, completing a number of tasks to test the fundamental knowledge and skills required to be a great transport manager. All participants will then be hosted at an awards ceremony lunch where a number of awards will be presented, including the overall FTA Transport Manager of the Year and FTA’s Young Transport Manager of the Year to recognise the rising stars within our industry.
As well as recognition from their peers and other industry professionals, some excellent prizes will be on offer for award winners:
– Transport Manager of the Year 1st place – £1,000 TUI holiday voucher, free place at Transport Manager in Coventry and two tickets to the 2020 Logistics Awards.
– Transport Manager of the Year 2nd place – £500 John Lewis voucher and two tickets to the Logistics Awards.
– Transport Manager of the Year 3rd place – £250 Amazon voucher and two tickets to the Logistics Awards.
– Young Transport Manager of the Year – £500 Hotel du Vin voucher, free place at Transport Manager in Coventry and two tickets to the Logistics Awards.
– Brigade Electronics Transport Manager of the Year – £400 Love to Shop voucher.
– The individual winners of each task will receive an ultimate adrenaline gift box from Red Letter Days.
For further information and to enter the competition, go to: Click Here
Efficient logistics is vital to keep the UK trading, directly having an impact on more than seven million people employed in the making, selling and moving of goods. With Brexit, new technology and other disruptive forces driving change in the way goods move across borders and through the supply chain, logistics has never been more important to UK plc. FTA is one of the biggest business groups in the UK, supporting, shaping and standing up for safe and efficient logistics. We are the only business group in the UK that represents all of logistics, with members from the road, rail, sea and air industries, as well as the buyers of freight services such as retailers and manufacturers whose businesses depend on the efficient movement of goods.